No, seriously. How is it July 5th already?
And while I'm at it, what happened to May as well?
Always the case with summer, isn't it? Flies by, no time for anything except for having fun outside. (Like, blogging for example.)
But you do have time to make this salsa. Because it literally takes no time at all. (OK, not literally, but it's super quick, I promise).
It's supposed to be 95 in Connecticut tomorrow. NINETY FIVE.
You need to eat things like fruit salsa and grill things outside, like fish tacos. And then eat them with said fruit salsa.
I didn't take step by step photos because, really it was just a bunch of chopping. (Also, I had to make this twice because Mays accidentally knocked the first bowl onto the floor. Awesome.)
So anyways, make this salsa and don't let summer slip away.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: condiment dips kiwi lime jalapeno Mexican summer
Ingredients (1-2 cups salsa)
- 3-4 kiwis (slightly firm to ripe)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (less if you don't like spice)
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Small dice the kiwi (about 1/4" pieces), set aside.
- Combine finely chopped jalapeno and red onion with juice of the lime. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the kiwi and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Powered by Recipage