I've made Xacuti, I've eaten it at a restaurant. I've baked with xantham gum. I've used Xeri Mizithra cheese in a recipe, as well as XO sauce.
But my very first "X" post... was something so simple, yet so perfect for an alphabet-themed food blog.
It's a real thing. And I don't know why.
Steak, topped with asparagus and swiss cheese.
Thank you, Xavier.
Whoever you are.
This new incarnation of Xavier Steak works particularly well if you happen to have leftovers of steak and asparagus in your fridge. Load up some slider buns (or in my case, cut up whole wheat hot dog buns), and butter the outsides. Stick 'em in a pan and pile one side with cheese and steak, and the other with more cheese and asparagus.
Annnnnnnd, just for good measure, add some more cheese and run it under the broiler for a minute or two to get it nice and melty. (Just make sure you are using an oven-safe pan).
And that's it! Easy, cheesy sliders in under 10 minutes. And as a bonus, they start with the letter "X." (Your friends will be impressed).
And, if you don't want to share with your friends, you can choose to eat them all to yourself while you drink champagne in your front yard and edit photos of said sliders. (I may or may not have done this).
Either way, enjoy!
This post was brought to you by the letter "X."
Xavier Steak Grilled Cheese Sliders
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: appetizer snack sandwich asparagus steak cheese
Ingredients (4 sliders)
- 6 ounces cooked steak, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cooked asparagus, chopped
- 4 slider buns (or 2 hot dog buns, cut in half & ends trimmed)
- butter or Smart Balance spread
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
- If using leftovers, warm asparagus and steak. (if cooking specifically for this recipe, cook these two ingredients first before assembling sandwiches).
- Butter the outside of slider buns. Place butter side down in a pan. Top half of the bread with cheese and steak. Top the other side with cheese, asparagus, cheese. Cook until bread is toasty and warm.
- If necessary, place pan under broiler to finish melting cheese. Assemble sliders and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage