Since The Hunger Games movie is available On Demand starting today, I was excited to partner with On Demand Weekly once again to bring you an easy little appetizer.
If you've read the books, you know that food is a central theme. (It is the Hunger Games after all). I considered attempting the lamb stew with dried plums or even roasted rabbit or groosling soup. In the end, simplicity won out and I did my own spin on Prim's gift to Katniss on Reaping Day...goat cheese wrapped in basil leaves. Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor! Click here to get the step-by-step instructions.
Prim's Basil Wrapped Goat Cheese Bites
Keywords: appetizer snack gluten-free vegetarian basil goat cheese cream cheese rosemary Hunger Games
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 20 large basil leaves
- 20 toothpicks
- bread or crackers for serving (optional)
- Combine cheeses and rosemary and form into small balls. Refrigerate until firm. Wrap each cheese ball in a basil leaf and secure with a toothpick. Serve with crackers or bread.
Powered by Recipage