Unless you've been living under a rock most your life (and not reading my blog), you've heard of jello shots. There's also a decent chance you've heard of vodka-soaked gummy bears. But I'd bet money you haven't tried vodka-soaked gummies INSIDE of a jello shot. Yup. I went there. It's like the ultimate jello shot.
This collaboration is the second of my Oscar party posts over on hellobrit.com. Make these, and you're sure to be the show stopper.
You could even make a drinking game out of it... like, take a jello shot every time they show Brad Pitt or George Clooney. (Come to think of it, that might not be the best idea unless you want to get wasted!)
Anyways, to get the step by step instructions on Brit's site, click here.
Ultimate Jello Shot
Keywords: jello shot dessert cocktail gummy Oscar Party
- 24 gummies
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 small (3 ounce) box Jello (sugar free works best)
- 1/2 package of Knox unflavored gelatin (1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup cold water
- cooking spray
- Special equipment: small silicone star molds (available on Amazon)
- Put the gummies in a bowl, and add enough vodka to cover them completely. Cover with plastic wrap and let them sit for 24-48 hours, or until they become soft. (I kept mine in the refrigerator, but I'm not sure this is necessary).
- The night before your party is when you want to make the jello shots. To do this, you'll need star-shaped silicone molds. Lightly spray each cavity with a little cooking spray, and then wipe with a clean paper towel. This will leave just enough residue to help loosen the Jello later on.
- To make the Jello, combine 1 cup of water, 1 box of jello, and half of a package of unflavored gelatin. (This will help make a slightly firmer Jello shot, which is important when using molds or in cases where the Jello will be sitting out). Let it soak for a minute or two and then heat over medium until gelatin has dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup vodka and 1/4 cup of cold water. Let cool to room temperature and then pour into molds with gummies placed inside. (You might have Jello left over). Refrigerate several hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, pop the stars out of the molds and arrange on a platter. To avoid sticky fingers, you can insert a toothpick into each gummy. Enjoy! (And always drink responsibly.)
Powered by Recipage