|Make mini quiches for an easy breakfast all week!|
But sometimes with busy schedules, it's not always easy to fry up an egg sandwich or an egg taco (both staples of mine) before running out the door.
Enter the mini crustless quiches. (Ok, so they're not *technically* a quiche...but you get the idea).
You can make a bunch of them at the beginning of the week, use whatever veggies, meats, or cheeses you happen to have in the fridge, and eat them throughout the week. They are high on protein and low on carbs, and contain just 119 calories each.
The combinations are endless, so get creative! And if you need some ideas, visit Kalyn over at Kalyn's Kitchen. I consider her the queen of the mini quiches, or as she calls them "egg muffins."
You'll need a dozen eggs....
One bunch of chard, ribs removed and sliced....
And some mushrooms....I used oyster mushrooms since I had them in my CSA bag.
Saute them with a little garlic and green onions in olive oil.
Evenly divide the chard mixture into 12 muffin cups (sprayed with cooking spray). Whisk eggs with 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, a little hot sauce and some salt & pepper and pour into cups so that they are 3/4 of the way full. (Gruyere or white cheddar would've been good too, but I didn't have any on hand at the time).
Give them a little stir with a fork and sprinkle with a little more Parmesan cheese.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees. You can store them for about 5 days in the fridge, or longer in the freezer. When ready to eat, just pop them in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds until hot, careful not to overcook. (Defrost in fridge overnight if frozen).
Chard & Mushroom Mini Crustless Quiches
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast gluten-free low-carb vegetarian chard mushroom egg
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus 1-2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- a couple dashes of hot sauce (I like Tapatio)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of chard, ribs & stems removed and sliced
- 1 bunch oyster mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cavities of a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and a few dashes of hot sauce. Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic and onions until soft. Add chard and mushrooms and saute until chard is wilted and mushrooms have released their moisture.
- Evenly divide chard mixture among the 12 muffin cavities. Pour egg mixture over the top and stir around with a fork to make sure everything is adequately mixed. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Serve hot or store in the refrigerator or freezer and reheat when ready to eat.
Powered by Recipage
Totalcarbs: 2 g
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 10 g
Tags: eggs, quiche, low carb, low fat, breakfast, crustless, chard, mushrooms, muffin