These frozen Kahlua and Oreo treats happen to be one of my mom's go-to recipes as well. If you decide to make them, you'll understand why. They are ridiculously simple and dangerously addictive.
I brought them to my friend Andrea's on Sunday, who was hosting a girls painting party. (Which, by the way was a really cute idea...see my masterpiece on the left).
Sadly, I forgot to take them out of the freezer during the party and accidentally left them there. Andrea texted me this morning: "Damn you for leaving me with a 5,000 calorie delicious dessert!" Like I said, dangerous. I'm just glad it's not in MY freezer, or else I would be in big trouble.
All you need are some Oreo Cookies (I used sugar free and it turned out fine), cream, butter, marshmallow creme, and Kahlua. It's the holidays...that means everything has zero calories, right?
Grind up the Oreos in a food processor until very fine and mix with melted butter. Reserve about 1/2 cup and press the rest into the bottom of a freezer-safe pie plate or square brownie pan.
Pour into pan and sprinkle with remaining Oreo mixture and freeze overnight. See? So easy and SO delicious!
Kahlua & Oreo Pie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: dessert kahlua oreos marshmallow ice-cream pie
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup Kahlua (do NOT use anymore than that or it won't freeze properly)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marshmallow creme (don't substitute marshmallows)
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Stir in melted butter and reserve 1/2 cup. Press remaining cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of a freezer safe pie or brownie pan.
- Stir together marshmallow creme and Kahlua until well combined.
- Whip cream until peaks form. Fold into Kahlua mixture and pour into pan on top of Oreo crumbs.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of crumbs and freeze overnight.
Powered by Recipage